Sunday 14 February 2021

Happy Hearts Day!


Valentine's Day or "Alla Hjärtans dag" in Sweden, is celebrated pretty much the same way as in North America. It's a day to show a little love to a friend, relative or special someone. 

My daughter loves hearts, anything with hearts on it or just drawing hearts. We made some Valentine's cards this week and previously we painted heart magnets. For Valentine's Day breakfast, she had some heart waffles with Swedish Lingonberry jam! 
Heart waffles!

Due to the Pandemic, and having kids at home full-time the last 2 months, I wasn't able to checkout one of my favorite stores, Flying Tiger, for different heart items/crafts. Maybe they'll go on sale next week and I can buy them for some future crafts ;)

Our Valentine's Day is a little different this year versus last year when we were heading on our trip to California. Like most holidays during the Pandemic, today has been pretty low key. Lots of family time is a huge positive. I managed to pickup some new 85% local chocolate from Storm och Bille - a small gift for my co-pilot! I also got some time one-on-one with my daughter while the others went for a walk. 

                             Beautiful flowers for Mama! 

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!! Hope you have a great day whether or not you're doing anything special. 

Don't forget your snacks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment