Thursday 23 September 2021

My Favorite Vegan Ice Cream

 

When I started being Dairy-free, I made sure to keep my eye out for snacks that I could eat. Pastries, cookies, ice cream - I missed being able to eat them. It was more difficult at the very beginning when I had to give up some of my favorite snacks. So, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were more Dairy-free or Vegan snacks popping up in stores and cafes in the city. More and more people were interested in non-Dairy options and of course, I had to try them all :)

Vegan Ice Cream!

I was amazed by all of the different Vegan Ice Creams available! There are a few different brands that you can even get at the regular grocery store (3 Vänners, Lily & Hanna's, and even a GB Glace). I like a couple more than what is featured in the photo above... like Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie. 
Also, Oatly brand Vanilla, toddler likes this one, although I found it a bit too sweet.
Dairy-free Sorbets are great too! 

My Favorite Ice Cream Bars:

  • Magnum Vegan Almond
  • 3 Vänners Mint bar

Those are definitely in my freezer snack area these days. The Magnum Vegan Almond actually doesn't taste Vegan!! I always enjoyed a regular Magnum ice cream, so this was a nice surprise to find.

The 3 Vänners Mint bar is also pretty tasty but maybe its because I love mint chocolate? 

There are a few milk-free Sorbet that we have found like:
Triumf Glass brand Mango Passionfruit, and
Strawberry Sorbet from Picard. 

The kids have enjoyed these flavors during the summer. It's nice to be able to have ice cream on a summer day or an after dinner treat any season.

While visiting Canada, we found some dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free ice cream sandwiches. They're small so great for a little dessert.

Hope this gave you some ideas for Vegan Ice creams to try! Thanks for reading and remember, don't forget your snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment